By Ansgar Roemer
Digital Goods, Ebooks
A note on our eBooks: Our eBooks use Digital Rights Management (DRM), managed by Adobe, a systematic approach to copyright protection for digital media. Our eBooks are currently compatible with the Adobe Digital Editions reader, paired with an Adobe ID. Please see the eBook help page for more information on setting up and reading your eBooks.
More and more health care professionals in obstetrics and gynecology are turning to complementary medicine to enhance their patients’ comfort and wellness.
With an emphasis on medical acupuncture, this book offers busy practitioners an accessible guide to the myriad ways in which these time-tested methods can both enhance and ease a pregnant woman’s experience – before, during, and after delivery. Medical Acupuncture in Pregnancy begins with a concise, yet thorough review of basic TCM principles and proceeds to cover treatments for hyperemesis, preterm labor, preeclampsia, dysfunctional labor, postpartum depression, dysmenorrhoe, migraine, infections and more!
Whether as an introduction to the topic or as a handy clinical reference, this text is essential for obstetricians, gynecologists, midwives, acupuncturists, and nurses who want to optimize patient care options with Chinese medicine.
- High-quality illustrations showing the precise location of acupuncture points
- Detailed descriptions and diagrams of needling depth and direction
- Treatment rules and therapeutic guidelines
- Easy-to-access format for quick reference in a clinical setting
- A practice-oriented introduction to Qi gong
- Supplemental information on Chinese dietetics