By Bob Flaws & Honora Wolfe
Digital Goods, Ebooks
A note on our eBooks: Our eBooks use Digital Rights Management (DRM), managed by Adobe, a systematic approach to copyright protection for digital media. Our eBooks are currently compatible with the Adobe Digital Editions reader, paired with an Adobe ID. Please see the eBook help page for more information on setting up and reading your eBooks.
This book is the distillation of over 20 years of knowledge from two well-known American practitioners’ of Chinese medicine. It is not a material medica of a formula book. Rather it is a conversation in which the authors share both clinical and business knowledge and tips that can be learned through years of running a practice.
What is covered in this book?
- The essence of getting to right pattern discrimination every time
- How to write the best possible prescription for each patient
- Things to consider when deciding upon dosages
- How to avoid the phenomenon of habituation with your herbal patients
- The main toxicity issues to consider when using Chinese formulas
- When is it appropriate to use pills and powder extracts
- How to gain better compliance when using decocted formulas
- Why should we avoid using the term “patient” medicines
- Thoughts on running a successful clinic dispensary
- A sample herb-instruction form for patients
- Why the harmonizing formulas are the most useful category of formulas for our patient population
- How to work safely with patients who are taking Western drugs
- A list of the most important treatment principles in Chinese medicine
About the authors:
Honora Lee Wolfe has been involved in alternative healthcare for more than 25 years. After founding the Boulder School of Massage Therapy and the Rocky Mountain Healing Arts Festivals, Honora went on to study Chinese remedial massage in China and to complete her acupuncture studies in 1988. She’s the author / translator of numerous books on Chinese medicine and a fellow of the National Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. She currently teaches at conferences and acupuncture schools around the world.
Bob Flaws, Dipl. Ac. & C.H., is one of the most famous Western doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the world today. An internationally known author and lecturer on Chinese medicine, Bob Flaws has been practicing and teaching Chinese medicine for more than 20 years. His other credits include writing, translating, and editing more than 100 books and scores of articles on all aspects of Chinese medicine, being a past Governor & Fellow of the National Academy of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, a founder, past president, and Lifetime Fellow of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado, a Fellow of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (UK), and a founder of the Council of Oriental Medical Publishers and the National Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Alliance. Bob has been in private practice in Boulder, CO since 1977.