By Iona Marsaa Teeguarden
Trade Paperback Book
Key theories, body-mind processing skills, and practical applications to common problems. 60 release examples. Now even more complete, the revised edition includes new chapters on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and the 5 Elements by Iona, and on anxiety and insomnia, and JSD as adjunctive first aid for athletic injuries.
A Complete Guide to Acupressure fills the need for something in between simplistic acupressure books and complicated acupuncture texts. Now even more complete, this new edition has been updated to include:
- JSD as a tool for aiding recovery from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – a state of hyperarousal following a traumatic experience like an accident, attack, or disaster;
- Anxiety and insomnia as indications of disturbed Shen, or Spirit, with point combinations integrating traditional acupuncture theory with segmental theory;
- The Five Elemental Processes as a practical guide to a harmonious relationship with Nature, both around us and within us;
- JSD acupressure as an adjunct to first aid for athletic injuries in outdoor situations like hiking and wilderness travel.
- A clothes-on technique, Jin Shin Do® is the author’s unique synthesis of a Japanese acupressure technique, traditional Chinese acupuncture theory, Taoist philosophy, Qigong (breathing exercises), and Western psychological tools. A Complete Guide to Acupressure describes this synthesis in detail, with chapters by Iona and senior Jin Shin Do® teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Europe. “Jin Shin Do” means “The Way of the Compassionate Spirit,” and this book is a treasure house of ways to treat ourselves compassionately.
About the Author:
Iona Marsaa Teeguarden, M.A., L.M.F.T. has taught Jin Shin Do® Acupressure throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe for three decades. The author of the classic Acupressure Way of Health and The Joy of Feeling: Bodymind Acupressure, she is a Diplomate of Asian Bodywork Therapy (NCCAOM), and has been a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist since 1983.