By Ilkay Chirali
Trade paperback book
Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping Therapy 3e provides a clear and detailed set of practical guidelines for the application of techniques of cupping in the context of Traditional Chinese Medicine theory.
Exploring the role of cupping in a variety of clinical contexts – which range from the treatment of children to the effective management of sports injuries and myofascial pain – this well-established, highly successful volume retains its useful step-by-step approach to the effective application of traditional cupping techniques with special emphasis on issues of safety, expectation and theoretical principles of action.
Richly illustrated throughout, the latest edition of Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping Therapy has been broadened to include discussion of the role of cupping in the management of an expanded range of pathological disorders and includes new chapters on Cupping Therapy Evidence-Based Research, Cupping’s Folk Heritage,Cupping in Buddhist Medicine, Cosmetic Cupping Therapy and Cupping in Thailand’s Traditional Lanna Medicine.
- Text clarified and updated throughout, with an improved layout and design.
- Gives practical guidelines on the use of cupping in helping to treat more than 30 common conditions.
- Well illustrated to support the guidelines discussed in the text.
- New section addressing Frequently Asked Questions.
- Now with an associated website containing a selection of how to videos and a fully downloadable image bank.