By Lorraine Wilcox
Trade Paperback Book
This book is written and designed to be a practical clinical handbook of moxibustion to be used by modern practitioners and students of Eastern Asian medicine in everyday clinical settings. It contains techniques and treatments as old as the Huang Di Nei Jing (Yellow Emperor’s Inner Classic) and a contemporary as modern clinical trials. It has information on techniques that every practitioner will find useful.
Included are sections on:
- Moxibustion’s specific functions and uses
- How to grow and process mugwort into moxibustion floss
- Moxibustion techniques of all kinds, using mugwort as well as other medicinal substances
- Recipes for making moxa ointments
- Using needle moxa methods, moxa boxes, liquid moxa, moxa plasters and paste
- The use of specific acupoints in moxa therapy
- Preventive therapy with moxibustion
- Moxa prescriptions for specific conditions our patients present
To prepare for the writing of this book, the author personally experimented with most of the techniques described in this book so that she could write clear step-by-step directions. In addition to very understandable directions, over 100 photo illustrations covering every aspect of preparation and patient care using moxa are provided when necessary. The practical, useable nature of this book will help many practitioners increase the effectiveness of their moxibustion treatments.
About the author:
Lorraine Wilcox has been a licensed acupuncturist in California since 1989. She received her Ph.D. in Classical Chinese Medicine from American University of Complementary Medicine and has taught herself to read Chinese. Wilcox is also an assistant to Master Larry Sang of the American Feng Shui Institute and teaches in some of the acupuncture schools in the Los Angeles area.