By Chris Jarmey & Gabriel Mojay
Trade paperback book
Shiatsu is the definitive guide and reference book for beginners through to students and practitioners. Anyone with a serious interest in bodywork will find Shiatsu their indispensable textbook.
Covering a broad range of issues and information, Shiatsu includes:
- the concept of Ki – the energy in all living things
- the essential elements and components of shiatsu
- how to use the different body parts – hands, palms, thumbs,
fingers, forearms, knees and feet
- energy channels and how they are used in shiatsu
basic treatment techniques
- shiatsu therapy and traditional Oriental medicine
forms of Oriental diagnosis
Illustrated throughout, Shiatsu takes the reader in depth through the mental, physical, and spiritual elements of Shiatsu practice.