2100 pages, 8.00 x 11.00″
Stedman’s Medical Dictionary, 28th Edition, has been thoroughly reviewed and updated by consultants from all the major medical and health science specialties. New consultants were added to this edition covering the specialties of Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, and Rheumatology. Enhancements such as these make this dictionary the most reliable, must-have resource available for healthcare.
New to this Edition:
- Over 107,000 terms and definitions, more than 5,000 new to this edition!
- Over 1500 images and illustrations (most in full color) – including an enhanced 40 page
- Anatomy atlas in full color!
- Precision Cut Thumb Tabs – enables quick A-Z reference.
- Over 15 new quick-reference appendices – covering such areas as cancer classification systems, body mass and body surface calculations, and common abbreviations to use and not use in medication orders.
- Includes Usage Notes – Long a feature of general dictionaries, Stedman’s Medical Dictionary, 28th Edition is the first full scale medical dictionary published in English to contain an extensive system of notes alerting readers to common errors of sense, spelling, and pronunciation, including confusion between words of similar form and meaning.
And all of the great features you have come to expect:
- Full color inserts with hundreds of images
- Official Terminologies Anatomica – Latin and English anatomical terms for the specialties of Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy. Official terms are followed by [TA]
- High Profile Terms – Highlights terms with broad significance to the practice of medicine and to the world
- 30 Appendices
- Over 40 consultants from all over the major medical and health science specialties contributed to the enhancements of this latest edition