By Richard Gold
Trade paperback book
256 pages, 7.00 x 10.00″
Learn Thai massage techniques with color photo’s and real-time video!
With color photographs and a DVD showing a sample routine, this practical introduction to the principles and techniques of Thai massage is the perfect resource for discovering how to incorporate Thai massage into your practice.
It offers clear and easy-to-follow-descriptions for all Thai massage techniques, accompanied by full-color photographs and drawings, with arrow to indicate direction of movement and an indication of the muscles being stretched and pulled.
In addition to the theories of Thai medicine and its Chinese and Ayurvedic influences, Thai Massage: A Traditional Medical Technique, Second Edition, also includes a DVD with 45 minutes of video showing techniques and routines in real time, to demonstrate appropriate pacing.
- New! Full-color photographs, drawings, and illustrations of techniques for greater clarity of concepts
- New! A 45-minute video of a Thai massage session on DVD
- New! Increased coverage of body mechanics to help you understand the differences between correct and incorrect technique
- New! A chapter on Correlations to Yoga, which outlines the correlations between specific
- Thai massage procedures and yoga postures to help you incorporate yoga into your practice
- New! Suggested Sequences chapter provides guidelines for 60-, 90-, and 120- minute routines – taking the guess work out of planning Thai massage sessions
- New! More historical background provides a deeper understanding of this ancient medical art
- New! Muscle Atlas appendix helps to further identify the muscles mentioned
With Thai Massage: A Traditional Medical Technique, Second Edition, you get more than just procedures. You get valuable and practical explanations of how to use elements of the procedures, making it easy to enrich your practice with these techniques – whether applying all of the methods, or starting with stretches alone.
Feel confident in incorporating Thai massage into your practice with the one book that integrates philosophy, concepts, body mechanics, and techniques – Thai Massage: A Medical Technique, Second Edition.
There are no reviews yet.