By Alex G. Brumbaugh
Trade Paperback Book
A Guide for the Design and Development of Acupuncture- Based Chemical Dependency Treatment Programs
Transformation and Recovery is the only definitive book on acupuncture and addiction recovery.
More than a manual or “how-to” book, Transformation and Recovery offers a bold and insightful philosophical and historical interpretation of addiction and recovery.
Transformation and Recovery: A Guide for the Design and Development of Acupuncture-Based Chemical Dependency Treatment Programs has become a standard reference for acupuncturists and for addiction treatment programs who have added or wish to add acupuncture as an integrated treatment component.
This groundbreaking book has been used as a textbook in Colleges of Oriental Medicine and is a recommended resource for Certification by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
Transformation and Recovery Includes:
- Over 300 footnotes and a comprehensive bibliography
- The classic and comprehensive Literature Review, “Auricular Acupuncture for Chemical Dependency,” by Dr. Ruth Ackerman
- “So You Want to Start an Acupuncture Treatment Program for Detoxification, Relapse Prevention, and Preparation for Counseling” – A Case History of the Development of an Acupuncture Demonstration Program, by Dr. Ruth Ackerman.
- Full text of the article “Acupuncture: New Perspectives in Chemical Dependency Treatment,” published by Alex Brumbaugh by the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment in 1993 – the first non-research article supporting acupuncture to appear in a major journal.
- “A Counselor’s Guide to Acupuncture in the Treatment of Addiction,” by Cally Haber and Charles Singer, Santa Cruz, California.
There are no reviews yet.