By Peiwen Li
Integration of Chinese medicine in a cancer treatment strategy offers major advantages in dealing with commonly seen complications and in combating the side-effects of treatment by conventional medicine methods such as surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy. Management of Cancer with Chinese Medicine provides a unique insight into the Chinese approach to treating cancer, emphasizing the roles played by acupuncture, herbal medicine, Qigong therapy and diet therapy in strengthening the body and acting synergistically with conventional medicine to radically improve the quality of life of cancer patients.
- Comprehensive discussion of the role of Chinese medicine in postoperative management and alleviation of the main side-effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Detailed explanation of the application of Chinese medicine in the management of the main complications of cancer such as pain, fever and hemorrhage.
- Etiology, pathology and full pattern identification given for each condition, with herbal medicine and acupuncture treatment indicated for each pattern where appropriate.
- A selection of recent clinical observation reports, clinical experiences and case studies from other eminent Chinese doctors places the author’s approach in perspective and broadens the information available to practitioners.
- The balanced treatment program is rounded off by chapters on diet therapy and Qigong, both of which can be practiced by patients at home.
This book is designed for TCM practitioners to consult in their daily practice, working either in an alternative or conventional medicine environment, and can also be referred to by other health professionals to gain a better understanding of the role Chinese medicine can play in treating cancer.