By Lia Andrews
Trade paperback book
350 pages, 8.00 x 10.00″
The care a woman receives after childbirth makes or breaks her health and appearance. In The Postpartum Recovery Book ™; How to Adapt the Ancient Practice of Zuo Yue Zi to Your Patients is a reference book written for TCM practitioners. Dr. Lia Andrews, DAOM, L.Ac. presents her Postpartum Recovery Program™; dietary and lifestyle practices she adapted from traditional Chinese postpartum care. She has used the program to transform the health of countless patients and shares it with other practitioners of the first time. This book presents the entire Postpartum Recovery Program™ in an easy to implement format.
The Postpartum Recovery Program™ includes:
- Essential lifestyle practices for a healthy recovery and to prevent premature aging
- Postpartum girdle instructions to fully recover the waistline and prevent prolapse
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation to prevent incontinence and prolapse
- Chinese superfoods & key postpartum ingredients
- Sample omnivore, pescatarian and vegan meal plans
- 87 postpartum recipes
- Pattern differentiation and treatment for 18 common postpartum imbalances
- And much more!
About the Author
Dr. Lia G. Andrews, DAOM, L.Ac. was born in Norwalk, Connecticut. She attended Bryn Mawr College and the College of William & Mary, where she received her BA in International Studies. She received her Masters in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (MATCM) from Yo San University. Dr. Andrews received her Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. She is licensed nationally and in the state of California. She practices in the clinic she founded with her mother, Cinnabar Acupuncture Clinic & Spa in San Diego, California.