By Steven Aung & William Pai Dei Chen
584 pages, 7.00 x 10.00″
This work is intended for busy medical professionals who need to gain knowledge of medical acupuncture as a complement to other specialities and to optimize patient care resources.
Distilled from Dr. Steven Aung’s twenty-five years of clinical experience as well as his highly successful; course, this introductory text presents a systematized and in-depth clinical approach to medical acupuncture. It covers basic concepts in anatomy, physiology, and pathology that will give practitioners the confidence to apply acupuncture and ancillary techniques, such as needling, moxibustion, cupping, and electroacupuncture, to treat a wide range of acute and chronic diseases and conditions.
- Succinct descriptions of theory and points.
- Tips on using anatomical landmarks to ensure precise point localization
- Clinical pearls on how apply techniques for common conditions
- Clear illustrations and comprehensive tables that synthesize key information on indications, acupuncture points, and treatment plans – ideal for quick review and reference
- Short self-study quizzes for each topic that help the practitioner identify areas requiring additional study
- Discussion of the importance of self-care and cultivation, qi gong, and other techniques to enhance healing
Clinical Introduction to Medical Acupuncture will benefit not only acupuncturists and complementary medicine practitioners, but also Western medical practitioners in family medicine, physical, gynecology. Dentistry, and other specialties. Practitioners studying for certification and licensing exams in medical acupuncture will also find this book an indispensable tool.
About the Author’s:
Steven K. H. Aung, M.D., F.A.A.F.P., is Clinical Associate Professor, College of Dentistry, New York University, New York; Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Extension and Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton. Alberta, Canada.
William P.D. Chen, M.D., F.A.C.S., is Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California; Senior Attending Surgeon, Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Harbor-University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, California; and Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery (WOS), Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Institute, University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California.