By William Maclean & Kathryn Taylor
689 pages, 6” x 9”
Clinical Manual of Chinese Herbal Prepared Medicines, substantially revised and enhanced in this 3rd edition, is the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide to the best prepared medicines available on the market. It describes the actions (TCM and biomedical), indications, ingredients, dosage, combinations, and contraindications of hundreds of ethical and pure, commercially prepared herbal medicines. User-friendly and clinically oriented, with many helpful pattern-related illustrations, this book is an essential addition to the library of every acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist.
For many practitioners, prepared medicines are the foundation of their herbal practice. Correctly used, they can be as effective as raw herb decoctions for many common conditions. They also provide improved compliance, relatively low cost, and a high degree of quality control.
Included in this volume:
- 330 medicines considered from a practitioner’s perspective
- Graphic representations of the pattern-identifying features of each medicine
- Comparisons among similar medicines
- Elaborate symptom index for differentiation of medicines
- Glossary of Chinese medical terminology
- Table of possible herb-drug interactions
About the author:
Will Maclean is co-author of the Clinical Handbook of Internal Medicine series, and practices Chinese medicine in Australia.