By Yihou Xu
Written by one of China’s foremost dermatologists, this new title draws on the author’s vast spectrum of clinical experience to provide a thorough survey of more than 120 commonly seen and difficult skin disorders. Full pattern identification and a comprehensive array of treatment options for each condition backed up by a meticulous and informative selection of case histories and up-to-date clinical observation studies, make this book an indispensable companion for a wide variety of practitioners.
- The most comprehensive illustrated skin disorder book written by a renowned Chinese dermatologist yet to appear in English.
- More than 120 commonly-seen and difficult skin conditions are arranged by presenting feature (eczematous, papulosquamous, allergic, viral, bacterial, fungal, etc.) based on classification by conventional disease names and equivalent TCM names.
- More than 30 color photos offer a vivid illustration of the skin disorders discussed.
In-depth discussion of each skin disorder according to TCM pattern identification with a detailed description of treatment strategy, integrating internal and external herbal treatment and acupuncture accompanied by explanations of the materia medica and points selected.
- Unique range of case studies selected from the author’s personal experience and that of other eminent Chinese TCM dermatologists.
- A wealth of modern clinical experience in the treatment of each condition abstracted from recent journals, plus the author’s personal experience and advice for patients; this information is not available anywhere else in the West and will vastly extend a practitioner’s treatment options.
- A wide-ranging introduction covering the physiology, etiology and methods of treating skin disorders provides a solid foundation for discussion of the individual conditions.
- Detailed description in the appendices of the application of external formulae, herbs and acupuncture points commonly used in skin clinics.