By Annemarie Colbin
Trade paperback book
A cookbook and a seasonal guide to balanced vegetarian meals. Menus are organized by the availability of local produce and meal type. Natural meal preparation tips and philosophy provide for a complete presentation of vegetarian cooking.
Included in this book:
- Provides a sound holistic nutritional philosophy on which to base your food choices
- Gives thorough instructions on how to set up a kitchen and well-stocked pantry
- Offers varied menus for each season: dozens of whole breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, using the fruits and vegetables of the season
- Shows how to make quick meals with leftovers, without sacrificing taste or nutrition
- Teaches you how to maximize efficiency and grace in the kitchen with time-saving hints for organizing every step of food preparation … and more!
Voted one of the ten best cookbooks by New Age Journal eaters.
Praise for The Book of Wholemeals
“It is difficult to imagine a better course for practicing, would-be or even part-time vegetarians.”
-Said the New York Times of Annemarie Colbin’s cooking classes. And, in this book, the founder of the successful Natural Gourmet Cookery School in New York City offers a whole year’s worth of her popular classes.
“A pleasure to read.”
“One of the best natural foods cookbooks written to date.”